How to make a felt ball garland Decorating your child’s bedroom has now become simple with room accessories like felt ball garlands. I started making felt ball garlands when I was nesting and preparing for my baby girl. Four days after she was born I made my first sale on my Etsy store. It amazing to see what mums have done with the feltball garlands in their kids’ bedrooms. Its really simple to make, follow these steps:
- You will need a needle, string, feltballs and a pair of scissors.
- Put the string through the needle eye. (Approximately 10cm of the string should be through the eye of the needle).
- Arrange the felt balls on a clean even surface (a table, counter top or desk is suitable) how you would like to see it on the string.
- Take one felt ball at a time; piercing one side of the ball with the sharp point of the needle. Adjust the balls along the string to suit.
- When all the balls have been strung along the string, tie a loop at each end of the string. If the string is too long, use a pair of scissor to cut it to your desired length.
- Your garland should be ready to hang.
- Send us a picture or post a picture on Instagram and tag @Feltgoodness
Felt ball garland kits can be purchased here. I would love to see what you do with your garland, so please keep in touch. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.